Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Finally a Fluke post!


Okay, I finally have pictures for you guys! Introducing my Fluke ukulele!


It has a plastic back, which you would think would make it sound horrible, but it's a gorgeous instrument.



It has friction tuners, which I'm still not used to. My Oscar Schmidt has geared tuners, which means that the tuner literally has little gears that are used to hold it in place. Friction tuners use, guess what, friction! :D They're a lot more finicky than their geared relatives, a tiny turn and you're up a half-step. I'm not sure whether I like them too much, but it's definitely worth it for the Fluke-ness!


And mine has pretty flowers!

It's super super durable, I saw a review where the guy threw it behind his head! Personally, I treat it like it's made of glass, but after I've owned it for a while that'll probably change.

So yes, definitely worth the purchase and if any of you guys are considering a uke I would highly recommend a Flea or Fluke.

4 comments:

  1. Wow--pretty!

    And I like your poem:
    "if any of you guys
    are considering a uke
    I would highly recommend
    a Flea or Fluke." :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooohhhh! It's beeeeaaaauuutiful!!!

    -Antonia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that is REALLY cool! I love the shape of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love hearing you play your fluke (and your lovely singing too). I think part of why it is so great is because you wanted one for quite a while, and then it exceeded your expectations. It is a beautiful instrument!

    ReplyDelete