Saturday, April 11, 2009

My Musical Friend

Ah, my musical friend. Our Heintzman piano.

We bought this lovely piano just over a year ago and I have been in love with it ever since.
After a long search and many annoying, pushy salesmen, we came across this one being sold privately. We wrote the cheque that very night.

Made nearly a hundred years ago and refurbished in the past 10, it's a really good instrument.

The wood is sort of a brown-mahogany colour, but I'm not sure if you can see that in the picture.
(Also note the Bach Box! :)


The keys have very good response and you can get a lot of sound out of that thing. Some of them are yellowed, they're made of ivory, but that's okay.

The front panel tips out when the cover over the keys is lifted to give more sound and tone.
You can pull the front panel out further to see the hammers in action, but as far as I can tell there's no way to keep it propped that way.

Anyway, I'm terrible at finishing off posts (note the constant use of "anyway") so I will leave you with a ~ (whatever those are called) and my name as usual.

~Dorothy

No comments:

Post a Comment