Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Awesome conference and almost-outhouses

I recently went to a religious family conference (I'm Catholic) out at a lake with a spacious area for people to set up tents and RVs.
It was a really beautiful time spent there, we had daily Mass and some excellent speakers. Another thing that was neat for me was that there were tons of other youth around my age who share my faith and while I can't say I really made any friends it was cool to see that there actually are Catholic youth out there. At my church there really isn't a great program for anyone other than young adults.
We went last year as well, but I think I enjoyed it more this time around. There was more variety in the speakers and I think I was also more interested in listening to what they had to say.

It's always one of those places that gets me thinking, about my faith, about my future and what I think I'm called to do. Perhaps I'll make another post about vocations later, we'll see.


Anyway, on to the "flush" toilets there. Probably the only bad thing about the conference.
They really may as well have been outhouses, it would've been less messy. See, the problem was that they kept flooding, probably because their flushing mechanism was completely unreliable. And then it rained. So now you have a tiny cubicle with up to a few centimetres of water (clean or sewage, I'll never know) and damp toilet paper littering the floor. The maintenance guy randomly closed a few and then people opened them again, I think. It was all rather strange and gross.

Alright, well, I'll stop my half-asleep brain from rambling any more now.
Ciao!
Dot

3 comments:

  1. Glad you had a worthwhile time. It's always great to go to a conference and really come away inspired and full of interesting thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post = awesome. And hey, I'd be really interested to read a "vocation" post, if you ever want to make one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your post Dot. Yes, I find the conference very refreshing and proud to be Catholic! I thought the speaker Matthew Arnold was amazing. Keep blogging! I love it!

    ReplyDelete