Thursday, August 6, 2009

Improv Everywhere!

I'm part of a local group that does, well, improv everywhere, much like the original group from New York.

We recently did a mission for some random runners just going for their weekly run. We made a finish line and everyone had signs cheering them on. It was really neat, and we brightened a few people's days as well as confused many.

So next up we have a Where's Waldo thingy where one guy will dress up as the "real" Waldo, and the rest of us will be decoy Waldos holding signs to encourage the participants (AKA random bystanders) to find the real one.

It's really cool, because it adds something new, something weird and unexpected to their day. Even though our group is fairly small, everyone seems really excited about it, and for this mission I think we'll have enough people to pull it off.

That's my post for the day, I'll try to think of some more soon (and write them down so I don't forget!).

~Dot

3 comments:

  1. Improv Everywhere rocks. It's fun to actually take part in similar things after watching/reading it on their blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This just sounds like so much FUN! I really hope I am free for the next one, and that all our friends join in too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I'd never heard of Improv Everywhere until now. It sounds pretty interesting. :)

    ReplyDelete