Tuesday, November 24, 2009

NaNoWriMo- I won!

I've been celebrating madly for the past hour...Why? Because I hit 50K as you probably guessed from the title of this post!
I'm so thrilled that I made it, and so grateful for NaNoWriMo. It's a truly amazing program, and both last year and this year, I learned so much about writing, about what it means to be a novelist, and how if you can let that part of yourself that tells you that whatever you create is crap (and I know mine doesn't like to leave!), you can do anything. And you can write a novel in a month.
To all of the rest of you doing NaNo, I wish you the best of luck! You can make it!
Anyway, I'll leave it at that since it's nearly 1AM and tomorrow is an early start.
~Dorothy

3 comments:

  1. YAY DOROTHY!!!!!!!!
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!
    *throws a large amount of confetti all over the room, runs to get the vaccum, vaccums it up and then throws some more*

    -Antonia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so proud of you Dorothy! I love your writing, even if it does make me cry sometimes...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to read your novel

    ReplyDelete