Saturday, June 26, 2010

Tired!

This is just a quick post to tell you guys about my crazy but awesome day!
I had my big year-end show for dance today, and it went very well! We had our dress rehearsal this afternoon and then the younger dancers had their recital first, so I was backstage helping them change. I don't think there was a moment when I wasn't changing one of the children except when I had to change myself! (We were the sort of "senior number" of that show near the end).
After all that I had my show, with some crazy costume changes, but a lot of fun as well. It was my first time performing en pointe!
At the end I got what's basically the top student award for the school! I couldn't believe it.
Anyway, that was just my ramble for the day, I promise I will post ukulele pictures soon!
Dorothy

2 comments:

  1. It was a fantatsic concert Dorothy. I loved the pointe work and of course all the choreography was beautiful. I hope you can post some of your pictures as well. Wouldn't it be fun to take pictures backstage one day? Especially of all the costumes strewn about everywhere. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds nuts! Haha, good thing you were on top of things. And good job on that award!
    Can you post those uke pictures soon?

    ReplyDelete