Saturday, March 21, 2009

En Pointe


Sorry I haven't posted in about a month! Ah well, I'll try to post a bit more now to make up for it.

Anyway, last Tuesday at Ballet right at the end of class we were given letters from our teacher by our sub for that week.
I looked down at my copy with "Dorothy" written at the top in his loopy handwriting, not expecting much, maybe just about an extra rehearsal or something.
I nearly screamed with delight when I read the phrase:
"The students of the Grade Five Ballet class have demonstrated delightful progress this term and are now eligible to commence pointe work in the Spring Term of classes."
I bounded out into the hall talking much too quickly to my friend Allie about how excited I was.
Ever since I started ballet I've always thought pointe would be awesome.
I was scared, of course, too. I'd heard way too many horror stories about bleeding toes and the like, but then I'd also heard if they were fitted properly they shouldn't hurt too much at all.

The next day my mom and I headed out to the store recommended to us and now I have them.
They haven't been broken in yet as I have to wait until Monday for my teacher to check them as well as tell me how I should break them in.
So far they don't hurt, but then I am using little gel toe covers, and all I've done is stand and walk on them.

~Dorothy

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations!
    Keep up the "delightful progress!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a big step! How long have you been doing ballet?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This'll be my 5th year! I like my new teacher better than my old one. Though he has his quirks, my old teacher didn't really seem to care and kept contradicting herself. :/

    ReplyDelete