Monday, March 23, 2009

Script Frenzy

My latest anxiety and excitement is Script Frenzy.
This past November I participated and won it's sister challenge, NaNoWriMo for the first time, and I feel like I should probably give this one a shot, even though my April's already going to by busy.
I'm planning to write a stage play, I'm not sure entirely what about, perhaps following the life of a burnt out (no pun intended) popcorn salesman who befriends a young run away with a secret after a nightmare of some sort.
Yep, I've been using the random plot generator. xD
But hey, I tend to be rather random anyway, so it should go fine.
I'm drawn toward stage plays as opposed to screen plays or TV show scripts because I love theater, and I could potentially make a play out of it some day (with a lot of revision) if I wanted to, while a TV show or a movie isn't going to happen anytime soon, despite my loathed nickname of "Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz".
It should be easier than NaNoWriMo as you only need a 100 page script, and my NaNo came out to about 140 pages, plus a script has quite a bit more spacing than a novel.
I'm nervous, but a ton of my friends are doing it, so that should make it better.

Descriptively yours, (yeah, bad pun)
~Dorothy

1 comment:

  1. Good for you!
    I'm still not sure if I should do Script Frenzy though, I don't have a plot or characters or anything... (but then again, I guess that's what they have the random plot generator for anyway.....)

    ReplyDelete