Thursday, October 22, 2009

Hand bound journal!

Today, thanks to a book binding class run by Josh and Arlene I bound my very own journal!

Spine and front

Who could resist such awesome purple polka-dot paper?
I added some beads to the woven binding for an extra touch.

I was super, super thrilled with how it turned out and it seems they and Dawn (who's running an art class out of the same place) are getting some artistic talent out of me I never knew was there!

And best of all, I seem to be over my blogger's block!

Until next time,
Dorothy

5 comments:

  1. Looks great Dorothy! And I agree, that paper is pretty fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your book is so unique Dorothy, and so YOU!! I love it. I love how evenyones books turned out so different. And you are very artistic in the way you live your life!
    Thanks for coming to the class!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's really nice! Do you think you could make one with lined paper?

    I wish I was in Edmonton right now. I need a new journal but I have no bookbinding class to go to or materials!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This class was FANTASTIC! I loved seeing how everyone made a book that was unique to them, and the pride that we all had in the results.
    Part of what made this class so great was the prep that Arlene and Josh put into it, and the gentle instruction/guidance. They were continually encouraging us and allowed each of us to find our own way and try new things. I had a great time too. Thanks for blogging about it Dorothy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yours turned out GREAT!
    I was really impressed at how quickly everyone picked up the binding.

    ReplyDelete