Thursday, June 25, 2009

WLBC Day 4: Self Check-Outs (AKA nothing to blog about)




You can tell I have nothing to blog about when I start rambling on about different ways to pay for your groceries. Yeah.
But to be fair, they are kinda awesome. (BTW, picture isn't mine, I just found it randomly on Google)
I love the way some of them say "Do you have any coupons?"; I always feel disappointed that I don't and it seems to be a deep metaphor for something...What, I dunno, but it seems to have a deeper meaning than just asking you for coupons, right? Like, it doesn't really expect you to, it's just searching for reassurance. Reassurance that you will indeed pay full price for the item, or maybe that it is possible for it to accept various shapes, sizes and colours of these amazing vouchers. Which could be a metaphor for diversity. You know, it can accept ALL sorts of coupons.

Okay, so I have an excuse for this post then. Self check-outs are a metaphor for diversity and therefore they are awesome and in posting this I am awesome.

Or maybe I'm just bored, had too much coffee and have nothing to blog about.

3 comments:

  1. I'm guessing it's the second. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still have the recording we made of "do you have any coupons" on my cell phone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is hilarious!
    Loved this post, so epic. :)

    ReplyDelete