Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Mail Experiments: Tiny envelope and coinage

Okay, so for a while now I've had great fun messing with Canada Post, so when I read about someone mailing a letter with coinage instead of stamps I decided to give it a try.


Here it is before it was mailed. I wrote on it "Sorry, didn't have a stamp!" and below "Here's a quarter for your troubles"

I think it was put in the mail either yesterday or the day before, and today we found it in our mailbox, unharmed, with a post mark overtop of the coins:




The "tip" was still there and it seemed that either they didn't notice, or plain didn't care.

I also mailed the tiniest envelope I could find and that made it no problem as well:



Maybe I'll mail another coinage-ladened envelope from Toronto when I go on vacation (this Friday) and see if their post office catches it- or takes the tip.

Thanks for reading!

~Dorothy

2 comments:

  1. LOL! By the way, we have sheets with that exact same pattern as in the first picture. 0_o

    ReplyDelete