Monday, February 16, 2009

Toronto-Day 2-CN Tower

Okay, technically this is now Day 3, but I was too lazy to post yesterday, so here it is!
Yesterday me and my sister headed out to the famed CN Tower.
It was a wee bit crowded because of the long weekend, but not bad.
Their security measure was surprisingly not a metal detector, but this little gate thing that blows air on you. I'm not sure how exactly it would detect a bomb, but apparently it does:

(Sadly, due to poor photography skills, people constantly stepping in front of me, not much time and a second-hand camera, this is the best photo I got.)

I thought I would be extremely freaked out going up the glass elevator (I tend to get freaked out in glass elevators), but we were going so fast that it didn't really bother me.
I didn't really enjoy the observation deck as much, there were more people and while you could go outside there, they had put up a large safety net so people couldn't fall or drop things, but it was kinda annoying because you couldn't really take photos or see stuff as well.
We then went up further to the Skypod. Other than the annoying line up (there was only one elevator) it was fantastic!
The people in front of us in the line, however, were just hilarious. Some quotes:
"If your feet are sore, just take your shoes off. That's what I did." (He really did take his shoes off!)

"Ugggghhh, this line is so long. At least we're getting exercise!"

"Wow, that vending machine is sooo cool! It's worth the $3 just to watch it!" (It was just one of the newer Coke machines.)

Anyway, I'm sleepy and may not make sense if I continue any further, so I think I shall just finish with some of the photos I took:


(The view of Toronto Island)



(Heading toward sunset- some of the lights of the city are starting to come on)


(And another sort-of sunset photo.)

Anyway, thanks again for reading!
~Dorothy

2 comments: