Saturday, February 14, 2009

Toronto- Day 1- Cheese and Poorly Translated Packaging

Today is/was my first day in Toronto, not including last night.
We headed up to Orfus Road to look at some of the outlet stores and Grande Cheese, a huge cheese factory and store.
It was really cool, there was cheese hanging everywhere and many shelves laden with the stuff.
If you know me well, or even if you don't, you probably know that I am rather obsessed with cheese, so this store was truly a must.

(We bought Beer Cheese, Stilton with Apricots, Pomegranate and Raspberry Goat/Cow Cheese, Oka with Mushroom, and regular Goat Cheese.)

Okay, now onto the poorly translated packaging.
Another store we wandered into was a party store, and in it was one of the most hilariously packaged products I have ever seen:


(I have never heard of "Purpie" and last I checked coffee was a beverage, not a colour. Maybe I'm not using the "Nuance method" properly...)
I think I'll send this along to Engrish Funny.

Thanks for reading!
~Dorothy

1 comment:

  1. mmmmm, cheese....
    My favorite Cheese is wensleydale with cranberries, SOOOOOO good!

    I think I need to learn the "Nuance Method" now, lol.

    ReplyDelete